Everybody is unique. A healthy lifestyle, diet and emotional life varies from person to person. Therefore, every treatment is an individual one as well, adjusted to your body and mind, at that moment. This holistic and personal view is very important in Chinese Medicine.
What to expect?
During the first visit I will make a diagnosis by your story, feeling your pulse and abdomen and studying your tongue. After placing the fine needles you can lie down and relax for 20 to 30 minutes. Additionally I can use moxa, guasha or cupping. Treatments will take 45 minutes to 1 hour. After three to four visits we will monitor the effects and plan the follow up sessions if necessary.
I work with a refined version of Traditional Chinese Acupuncture. This means less and thin needles and pure moxa. Treatments therefore are relaxed and efficient. We’ll work together in your health program by acupuncture, individual diet advise, exercises and maybe herbs of massage.
I am very skilled and experienced in gynaecology, like problems around periods, fertility, menopauze, problems in pregnancy and support with deliveries. In addition I often work with hayfever/allergies and insomnia. I love working with children and babies. You can find more information in the submenu items. For other issues you are welcome as well.
Indications according to the WHO
Acupuncture is scientifically proven to be effective for the following list of conditions (composed by the World Health Organisation). This is a list of conditions with good evidence based results.
- Allergies for food, mites, pets and pollen
- Chest: tension or distension on the chest, pain and palpitations
- Joints; stiffness, pain, limitations in movement, arthritis, muscle or tendon conditions, tremors, cramping, neck and back issues, tennis elbow, trauma, distortions
- Gynecology: menstrual conditions, PMS, menopausal complaints, distention or painful breasts, infertility, leukorrhea, support in IUI/IVF/ICSI-trajectory
- Head: headache, migraine, dizziness/vertigo/Meniere, heaviness of the head
- Skin: too much or too little transpiration, itching, dry skin, eczema, acne, cold sores, shingles
- Internal diseases: anemia, coldness, issues in blood flow, high and low bloodpressure, thyroid conditions, diabetes, obesitas
- Throat nose and ear: (chronic) nasal cold or sinusitis, allergic cold, hay fever, earache or ear infection, tinitus, cough, throat ache, hoarseness, lump in throat, conditions of the gums, bad breath, bitter taste, dry mouth
- Pediatrics; cough, cold, astma, bronchitis, farynchitis, bowel problems, tummy ache, bedwetting, sleaping problems, teething, eczema, ear ache or infections
- Limbs: cold limbs, heavy feeling, edema
- Respiratory: (chronic) cold, low resistance, shortness of breath, astma, bronchitis, hyperventilation
- Mental disturbances: sleepdisturbances, vivid dreaming, hyperventilation, anxiety, fear, fainting, depression, agitation, amnesia, anorexia nervosa, apathy, lack of energy/fatigue, weakness, overworked, stress, burnout
- Eye: infection, itching, lacrimation or dry eyes, burning sensations, blurred vision or mouches volantes
- Digestion: nausea, bad appetite, vomitting, acid reflux, belching, stomach ache, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal cramping or aches, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hemorrhoids
- Urinary tract: urinary tract infection, incontinence, impotence, diminished fertility, ejaculation or prostate problems
- Addictions: smoking, eating, alcohol, drugs
- Pregnancy: nausea, acid reflux, breech presentation, starting up delivery, pain after delivery, stimulation of breast milk production, breast infection